Four Fun Upcoming Events:
1. Family Picnic, This Sunday, March 30 from 12-3 pm
At Galvin Park
Food trucks, opportunity drawing for class baskets,
jumpy and all around great fun.
Buy food from the trucks or bring your own for this free event.
Drawing tickets will be $2 each (3 for $5; 6 for $10)
2. Golf Tournament, Friday April 11 at Bennett Valley Golf Course
At Bennett Valley Golf Course
Sign-up forms and information here
3. Tiger Jam Auction, Friday April 11 at 7:00 pm
Legends at Bennett Valley
$20 tickets for a fun night of eating, drinking, dancing and bidding!
Tickets and information here.
The Band “The Manus Band” will be playing. Click here to listen.
4. Spring Dance …April 18th 6:30-8:30 pm
Free Spring Family Dance in the MPR
“Dancing Through The Decades” With DJ Fiz-Nick Rick
Come dressed in attire from your favorite decade to add to the fun!
Refreshments will be available for purchase
Note: Children must be accompanied by an adult.
If anyone is interested in volunteering, contact Nicole Manville email@example.com
Books and Beyond
Thanks for another successful Books and Beyond program! We really appreciate all the participation from the kids, parents and teachers. Special thanks to the amazing parent volunteers who tracked all that paperwork – Kristie Fischer, Ann Hall, Corinna Kirk, Jennifer Nash, Cassie Brown, Amanda Stanbro and Kris Lee! Also big thanks to Matt, Suzanne and Zeke Graham for creating our awesome mural! There’s no way the program could go on without your help. Trina & Margaret
PTA Positions 2014-2015
Looking for a great way to help our school? You’re in luck. The PTA has several positions available for the year of 2014-2015. We have to fill these positions ASAP!
- Vice President
- Book Fair Chair
- Walk-a-thon Chair
- Membership Chair
- Conducts membership campaign. This includes coming up with a slogan, making flyers, attending school events to promote Memberships (Ice Cream Social Night, Back to School Night, etc.)
- Attend hour long District Membership Seminar in August.
- Responsible for administration of paper and online memberships. Coordinate with Treasurer to be sure checks are being made to State PTA.
- Pass along any new membership perk information to PTA members.
- Provides updated membership roster to PTA Secretary prior to each general membership meeting.
- Provides membership e-card to new members.
- This position is busiest at the beginning of school but tapers off the end of September when the Membership campaign is done. This job takes about 15+ hours overall, but can vary. It is best to find someone to co-chair this position with you. It may not be the most glamorous job, but it’s a very critical one!!!
- Tiger Tog Coordinator (Spirit Wear)
- Dine and Donate Coordinator
- School Directory Organizer
Contact us at ProctorPTAboard@gmail.com for more information.
- All student acts must audition.
- Students must come to auditions and rehearsals with all necessary props, music, etc.
- No lip syncing
- No singing over original artist’s voice.
- All acts must stay under two minutes.
- Students must come to all rehearsals.
- Students can audition individually or with students from any grade level or class.
- In addition to rehearsals at school, students should be “practicing and perfecting” the act.
- Teachers may sponsor a class number
- Groups must sign up in order to audition.
- Multipurpose room will be closed to all except those who are auditioning and practicing.
Important Dates and Times
- April 7th-10th – Audition Signups (In Main Hallway)
- April 14th – Tryrouts, 2:30 – 4:00
- April 15,17,21 – Rehearsals, 2:30 – 3:45
- April 24th – Dress Rehearsals, 2:30 – 4:00
- April 25th – Talent Show, 7:00pm
PARENTS – DO YOU KNOW THAT WE HAVE SEVERAL AFTER-SCHOOL CLASSES AT PROCTOR?
If you have questions about any of the classes, please email Kathy Doig firstname.lastname@example.org call 707-545-7691
For additional info and flyers, please go to the school website: www.proctorterracepta.org
All Classes have openings!
1) Disfruta Spanish Classes on Wednesdays for K-3 and on Thursdays for 3rd-6th graders, more info below
Our spring session is 10 weeks long starting the week of February 26-May 8.
To register, fill out the form online and pay the fee with PayPal (no account necessary). You may also fill out the paper registration form and mail it with a check to PO Box 4051 Santa Rosa, CA 95402.
For more information, check out email@example.com . Looking forward to another great session!
Check out: Language Truck’s website!
Like: Language Truck on Facebook!
2) Art and Soul Music Studios – Art Class
Mixed Media Art – including clay, painting, drawing, collage and sculpture
Beginning on Monday, March 10th, Mondays for 40 minutes
For grades 1-6
3) Direction 5 (D5) Culinary + Nutrition Program – starting THIS Friday!
For grades 1-3
Friday afternoons in the MPR kitchen from 2:30-4:00 pm
March 7th, 14th, 28th and April 4th
4) Lego / Playwell on Mondays for grades 1-3 (scheduled to begin March 24th)
5) KidScience on Thursdays for grades 1-6 (scheduled to begin on March 27th)
6) Golf on Thursdays in April
7) Move Over Mozart Piano
Piano lessons, ongoing until the end of the year on Thursdays, contact Lynn Fleck for more info: 707-824-0307 www.mozartpianolearning.com