We may be in Distance Learning, but Ms. Carla from the Garden has stories to share with you! Created to celebrate Multicultural Week:
Big Thanks to our wonderful Garden Coordinator, Carla Barber.
See some of what’s been going on this summer on our Facebook Page!
The students at Proctor Terrace are an integral part of the success of the garden; some of the activities they participate in include:
- Sowing seeds in raised beds as well as containers for starts
- Building raised beds with broken concrete, bricks rocks and making paths in raised beds
- Building fairy houses – encourages sharing and working together
- Planting bulbs
- Learning how to use tools effectively and safely such as: lopers, clippers, rakes, hoes, shovels, and saws to name a few
- Watering and fertilizing;
- Picking and tasting what’s growing
…and harvesting crops and setting up for the farmer’s market.
Many of the classes have an opportunity once a week to participate in garden time, weather permitting. Parents ask your children what they have been doing in the garden!
If you are interested in helping parents can volunteer in their child’s class or come out any time to work in the garden. Other ways parents can help:
- Your extra strawberry baskets and small paper bags for produce.
4″ nursery containers or other 16 oz. or larger plastic yogurt, sour cream, or other types of containers.
Bags for the farmer’s market.
New or used (in good working condition) wheelbarrows.
Shovels, small and large
Donation to the PTA garden fund.
- Check out the Garden’s Amazon Wishlist!