READING FOR KINDNESS
Click here to Register Now!
School identifier: 5d6fd8f36d697
Login here to log Reading Minutes
Monday, January 24 – Friday, February 4
The Proctor Terrace Read-a-Thon encourages students to embrace reading, logging their reading minutes while family and friends have the opportunity to pledge financial support for our neighborhood school.
NEW for 2022! Read-a-Thon coincides with the 2022 Great Kindness Challenge, a global, proactive and positive Social Emotional Learning-focused bullying prevention program that improves school climate and increases student engagement.
Fun Activities to help us Read for Kindness
- Children’s Book Drive – Donate Gently Used Books January 18 – 31
- Classroom Volunteers Needed – Contact your teacher if you an approved Volunteer and can come read aloud to your child’s class… or read to another class in the spirit of Reading for Kindness!
- Spirit Day – Friday, January 28 – Dress as a Book Character! Remember no face masks.
- Sonoma County Librarian Visits
- Enjoy the Sonoma County Library’s Book Suggestions for Friendship and Kindness.
- Bookmark exchange with Brook Hill Elementary
Fundraising is appreciated, but not required. With the cancellation of most of our 2020 and 2021 fundraisers, Proctor Terrace would benefit from any fundraising efforts you are comfortable with, but our priority is to encourage the kids to READ and continue to feel connected to classmates and our incredible Proctor community.
- Top Reading Minutes: Copperfield’s Books Gift Card
- Tootsie Pop Party: Classes raising over $500
- Dance Party Recess: When the school raises $5,000
- Sandys Pizza pizza party for the top fundraising class
Have more questions? Check out the FAQ