The Proctor Terrace Read-a-Thon intends to encourage students to continue to read, learn and find shelter in books during this trying time. Proctor Terrace students will log their reading time starting this Monday, March 30 while family and friends have the opportunity to pledge financial support over the coming weeks.
Since students are not on campus, Read-a-Thon incentives will be decided within your household. Examples include: Every hour read can earn extra dessert, screen time or a video chat with a friend.
Check your email for your child’s individual online sign up code (sent via FreshSchools March 23 – 27), then register online at www.read-a-thon.com/readers
Donations are appreciated, but not required. With the cancellation of the Spring DDA Fundraiser, Proctor Terrace would benefit from any fundraising efforts you are comfortable with during these uncertain times, but our priority is to encourage the kids to READ and continue to feel connected to classmates and our incredible Proctor community.
But the Library is closed! Never fear, we have suggestions! Audio books, eBooks, grandma reading a story virtually, read aloud (Vooks, Epic) – they all count!
- Sonoma County Library eResources (audio books, eBooks – Your student’s SRCS ID number will provide access )
- Libby – a free app that syncs up with your local library, your library card number, and you can access ebooks/audio books
- Audible (audiobooks) – free right now! Listen to a book as a family!
- National Geographic Kids books and magazines
- Storyline Online: FREE videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations
- Vooks (read-aloud animated storybooks + lesson plans) One month free!
- Josh Gad (voice of Frozen’s Olaf) and many children’s book authors are reading stories online daily
- Family and friend virtual read aloud (skype, zoom, facetime, etc). Get classmates to read to one another and it’s DOUBLE the minutes!