Tiger Jam Auction Night
Friday, April 11 at 7:00 pm
Legends at Bennett Valley after the golf tournament
$20 tickets – submit payment to office with the flyer or click here to buy: http://proctorterracepta.org/
Click here to volunteer for the events.
Fun Upcoming Events:
1. Golf Tournament, Friday April 11 at Bennett Valley Golf Course
At Bennett Valley Golf Course
Sign-up forms and information here
Click here to volunteer
2.. Tiger Jam Auction, Friday April 11 at 7:00 pm
Legends at Bennett Valley
$20 tickets for a fun night of eating, drinking, dancing and bidding!
Tickets and information here.
The Band “The Manus Band” will be playing. Click here to listen.
3. Spring Dance …April 18th 6:30-8:30 pm
Free Spring Family Dance in the MPR
“Dancing Through The Decades” With DJ Fiz-Nick Rick
Come dressed in attire from your favorite decade to add to the fun!
Refreshments will be available for purchase
Note: Children must be accompanied by an adult.
If anyone is interested in volunteering, contact Nicole Manville firstname.lastname@example.org
General PTA Meeting (morning time)
Tuesday, April 8 at 8:30 am in MPR
Come vote on the new marquee and provide input for next year’s officers and budget.
Dine and Donate
Don’t forget that this week is the Dine and Donate at Sandy’s Take & Bake Pizza. Between today and Friday, anyone who goes in and mentions Proctor Terrace when they pick up an order will have 30% of their order donated to our school.
After School Enrichment
There is still space for 10 kids in the KidScience After-School class, which began on March 27th!
Flyer with registration info below. The class takes place for 4 more Thursdays from 2:30-3:30 pm in Mrs. Forrest’s classroom. There have been rave reviews about the class so far!
Click here for the flyer with registration.
Also, Lego Engineering begins THIS Monday, April 7th. Make sure you’ve registered your
1st-4th grader for this fun Lego class, if you haven’t done so already. The session is for 5 Mondays from 2:30-4 pm.
To register go to : www.play-well.org
For any questions, please contact Kathy Doig email@example.com or 707-545-7691
Thanks to all who donated and came to the picnic. It turned out to be a great success!
Odyssey of the Mind
On March 8, a number of student teams from Proctor Terrace School participated in the Odyssey of the Mind regional event and competition, attended by teams from all over the North Coast region. They had enormous fun, and were excited and enthused. Two of our Proctor Terrace teams will be going to the State competition this weekend in Brentwood (Contra Costa County). A Division 2 team from Santa Rosa Middle School with two Proctor Terrace 6th graders won their division, and will also be attending the State competition this weekend. Best of luck to all of these students!
Students in Gr. 3-6 will begin the new State testing program on April 7. This is a “test of the test.” All assessment will be done online on our school computers. Our teachers have been receiving training on this new system, and students have been taking practice and training tests. Students will not receive scores for this year’s assessments. Next year, they will only receive scores indicating percent correct. The new scoring and reporting system is expected to be in place in 2016. This is all part of turning our schools into 21st Century Learning Centers (over 13% of the 21st Century has already gone by!).
Food & Nutrition
Snack and lunch food at school is expected to be healthful and nutritious, in accordance with the District Wellness Policy and Healthy Kids initiatives. A number of students have recently been bringing junk food for snacks and lunch. Students should not be bringing junk food with little or no nutritional value to school, nor should they bring soda to drink. Staff members do monitor what students are eating, and may prohibit them from consuming such unhealthy foods. Parents need to ensure that the quantity and type of food for snack and lunch is appropriate, and are encouraged to check the nutrition labels of foods they provide for their children. We all want our students to develop healthy eating habits and to make healthy choices. They will take these habits they are learning now into adulthood.
Occasionally, comments are made about the healthfulness of school lunches. Parents need to be aware that Santa Rosa City School lunches exceed the nutritional recommendations of U.S. Department of Education and the U.S. Department of Agriculture for school lunches.
In order to change teaching strategies to implement the Common Core State Standards and 21st Century learning in our classrooms, all of our Proctor Terrace teachers have participating in multiple Professional Learning opportunities throughout this school year. Some of the training has taken place after school on-campus, and much of it has been over multiple days away from the school. Some of our teachers will also be continuing this learning during their Summer break. This extensive training will continue next year and into the future. Our educators are dedicated to life-long learning to provide the best educational experiences for all of our students – your children.
PTA Positions 2014-2015
Looking for a great way to help our school? You’re in luck. The PTA has several positions available for the year of 2014-2015. We have to fill these positions ASAP!
- Vice President
- Book Fair Chair
- Walk-a-thon Chair
- Membership Chair
- Conducts membership campaign. This includes coming up with a slogan, making flyers, attending school events to promote Memberships (Ice Cream Social Night, Back to School Night, etc.)
- Attend hour long District Membership Seminar in August.
- Responsible for administration of paper and online memberships. Coordinate with Treasurer to be sure checks are being made to State PTA.
- Pass along any new membership perk information to PTA members.
- Provides updated membership roster to PTA Secretary prior to each general membership meeting.
- Provides membership e-card to new members.
- This position is busiest at the beginning of school but tapers off the end of September when the Membership campaign is done. This job takes about 15+ hours overall, but can vary. It is best to find someone to co-chair this position with you. It may not be the most glamorous job, but it’s a very critical one!!!
- Tiger Tog Coordinator (Spirit Wear)
- Dine and Donate Coordinator
- School Directory Organizer
Contact us at ProctorPTAboard@gmail.com for more information.
- All student acts must audition.
- Students must come to auditions and rehearsals with all necessary props, music, etc.
- No lip syncing
- No singing over original artist’s voice.
- All acts must stay under two minutes.
- Students must come to all rehearsals.
- Students can audition individually or with students from any grade level or class.
- In addition to rehearsals at school, students should be “practicing and perfecting” the act.
- Teachers may sponsor a class number
- Groups must sign up in order to audition.
- Multipurpose room will be closed to all except those who are auditioning and practicing.
Important Dates and Times
- April 7th-10th – Audition Signups (In Main Hallway)
- April 14th – Tryrouts, 2:30 – 4:00
- April 15,17,21 – Rehearsals, 2:30 – 3:45
- April 24th – Dress Rehearsals, 2:30 – 4:00
- April 25th – Talent Show, 7:00pm
Volunteers needed for the Art Docent program to start training for next year. Click here to find out more.
Other Important dates:
4/16: Volunteer Tea in the Garden at 1:45
4/18: Crazy Hair Day
4/30: Art Adventure Day
5/8: Open House and Minimum Day